If we want fully enjoy a wine and all the qualities that it can offer must meet certain requirements, among which is serving wine at the right temperature:
White and rose wines must be served between 8 and 14 degrees:
Sparkling wines, cava and champagne between 6 and 8 degrees:
Young red wines between 13 and 14 degrees and the red wines aged between 15 and 19 degrees:
We can not know how the wine was stored and treated before arriving at our house but once there we can do everything possible to keep it in top condition:
- First we have to protect the wine from light. The ideal will be a dark room or cellar but with ventilation.
- Holding at a constant temperature. No sudden changes and preferably fresh.
- Away odors and smoke as these penetrate through the cork and spoil the wine.
- It must be in a damp room. The ideal is to be in an atmosphere of 70 percent humidity.
- Store it in a horizontal position to maintain contact with the cork. It is through him as the wine breathes.
- Not move until consumption. It is to remain calm.
- Consume within one year from purchase. Some red wines with aging could grow longer but when in doubt it is better not to risk losing properties.